Netflea.com is committed to taking privacy issues seriously. We take good care of all the information we collect or receive from our customers. We also want to allow our customers to access their own information and to be forgotten.
The information we collect may be divided into user-provided, web-based, and analytics-driven information.
We use the information as follows:
- Providing a safe and easy-to-use service
- Providing a good customer experience
- Improving product recommendations and marketing
- Improving store, operations, and customer service
- Streamlining customer returns
The registrar and contact info:
Suomen Nettikirpputorit Oy
90590 Oulu, Finland
Business ID: 2609105-1
Ossi Salo, ossi.salo(at)netflea.com
Suomen Nettikirpputorit Oy / Ossi Salo
90590 Oulu, Finland
What information does Netflea.com collect and store?
1. Information provided by the user
- Authentication information, such as name
- Contact information, such as phone number, email and postal address
- Payment information, such as billing information and payment instrument information
- Location information for service localization (currencies, delivery methods)
- Facebook login email and certificate
- Product Reviews
- Marketing permission(s)
- Personalized information provided with the customer's explicit consent, such as customer survey responses
- Customer size information for size recommendations
- Wishlist products
2. Observed and analytics driven data usage
- Shipping information, such as shipping address and chosen payment method
- Purchase history, including ordered products, returns, and payments
- Ecommerce site browsing and usage information
- Browsing device identification
- Ecommerce site session events, such as addings to shopping cart
- Product recommendations based on browsing and purchase information
- Purchase information based customer groups and interests
- Purchase data inferred size data for size recommendations
Identification, contact and payment information is required when shopping at Netflea.com.
As a general rule, the source of information is the user / customer of the website itself, and we may also obtain more information from our partners, such as a credit service provider. You can see the information you own through your client account. If you wish, you have the opportunity to delete the credentials associated with you.
Who can process my data?
Customer data is accessed only by the direct employees of Netflea.com, and our staff is trained to use the information safely and appropriately. The systems where the Netflea.com customer data is being processed require password logging, and each of our staff will only see customer data to the extent necessary to perform their duties.
In some cases, we may need to transfer information to third parties, such as for storage, analytics or marketing. We use only trusted partners for these purposes, with whom we have comprehensive data protection and data processing agreements. The agreements take into account the requirements of the legislation and the EU data protection regulation. Netflea.com affiliate partners are not allowed to use or distribute the information for their own purposes.
Company responsible for processing the data:
Suomen Nettikirpputorit Oy
90590 Oulu, Finland
Business ID: 2609105-1
What is my data used for?
- Order processing, delivery, archiving and accounting
- To maintain customer relationship
- Development of Netflea.com operations and services
- To improve the customer experience
- For analytics and statistics
- Produce better and more personalized targeted content and marketing
- To prevent abuse
- To provide better customer service
Your data will be processed on the basis of your relationship with Netflea.com, the Agreement, the use of the Website, the Customer's express consent, or any legal obligation.
How is my information stored and protected?
Netflea.com customer data is located in secure datacenters and encrypted databases with restricted access. Netflea.com systems, data centers and processes have a high level of security and servers are protected against hacking and denial of service attacks.
All personal data is protected from unauthorized access and against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, transfer or other unlawful processing.
Netflea.com adheres to good privacy practices when processing customer information while the access to this data is limited and controlled. The processing of personal data complies with the requirements of the EU Data Protection Regulation applicable from 25 May 2018.
How long will my data be stored?
We will retain your personal information only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this document. In addition, some information may be retained for a longer period, to the extent necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as accounting and consumer responsibility, and to demonstrate that they have been properly discharged.
If so requested by the customer, his or her information may be anonymised, in which case all personal information will be removed by pseudonymising it from your account and purchase history. An account that is so anonymous cannot identify the customer and will not be able to recover that account as such. For some information, the legislation imposes obligations on the longer-term storage of information, eg. for the following purposes:
- Accounting-related laws define a longer retention period for data, regardless of whether the material contains personal data or not.
- Fulfillment of Consumer Trade Responsibilities
- Systems logs are collected and stored as required by law to enable us to provide legal and secure e-commerce site to our customers
- Making sufficient backups of e-commerce site databases and systems to safeguard information, correct errors, and ensure security and continuity.
What rights do I have?
As a customer you have the right to:
- Get access to personal information about you that Netflea.com has and the right to receive a copy of your personal information.
- Requests us to correct or delete information about you
- Under certain conditions, you may request restrictions on the processing of your data or object to the processing of personal data
The storage and processing of data is based on your consent and you have the right to revoke your consent. You can do this by anonymizing your account: by deleting your account, you will revoke the processing permission you granted to Netflea.com. You can do this yourself from your own client account page.
You can send a request for rectification or other requests or questions regarding your customer information to our customer service. If you notice any deficiencies in our processing or operation, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority. Please also let us know so we can correct our mistake.
How do I get information about myself stored in the system?
Contact our customer service to request the information stored in Netflea.com systems.
How can I influence my information or be forgotten?
From your client account page, you can define, correct, or delete information you have provided about yourself. You can also decide whether you want to receive marketing messages. We are working to develop more similar features in our client account to make it as easy as possible for our clients to influence their own information. You can also delete an account by anonymizing it, which will result in your personal information being overridden by our databases.
Will my information end up with third parties?
Some necessary information is transmitted to third parties to enable a payment transaction, order delivery, or marketing messages. For example, to facilitate deliveries, your address and contact information will be passed on to logistic operators.
Ecommerce site transactions are imported to the content and marketing targeting system we use, which only we have access to. In payment transactions, your payment information is passed through a trusted payment intermediary.
Cookies and other tracking on Netflea.com site and pages
Netflea.com website utilizes cookies and similar browser technology features, such as browser memory. “Cookies” are small files created by the Netflea.com website that we use to collect analytics from our Ecommerce site users and provide a better functioning Ecommerce site. Cookies are used for e.g. Shopping cart functionality, user authentication, and enable registered customer logins. By default, your browser cookies will remain for one month unless you delete them separately. You can delete cookies in your browser settings. Remember, however, that when you visit our site again, your browser loads new cookies.
Cookies are also used to personalize E-commerce site and overall marketing. We also have other tracking technologies on our site, such as pixel tags. The browsing of our pages is being tracked by e.g. Custobar (a Finnish content and marketing targeting system we use), Google and Facebook. Through these we can, among other things. analyze and improve our ecommerce operations, target website content, and target ad content.
Can this privacy statement be changed?
Due to the development of the services and changes in legislation, we reserve the right to change the privacy statement. Significant changes to the Privacy Statement will be communicated to registered customers upon update of the Terms.
Who can I contact?
When you access our website, a connection is established with CookieFirst’s server to give us the possibility to obtain valid consent from you to the use of certain cookies. CookieFirst then stores a cookie in your browser in order to be able to activate only those cookies to which you have consented and to properly document this. The data processed is stored until the predefined storage period expires or you request to delete the data. Certain mandatory legal storage periods may apply notwithstanding the aforementioned.
Data processing agreement
We have concluded a data processing agreement with CookieFirst. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that data of our website visitors is only processed in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR.
Server log files
Our website and CookieFirst automatically collect and store information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. The following data is collected:
- Your consent status or the withdrawal of consent
- Your anonymised IP address
- Information about your Browser
- Information about your Device
- The date and time you have visited our website
- The webpage url where you saved or updated your consent preferences
- The approximate location of the user that saved their consent preference
- A universally unique identifier (UUID) of the website visitor that clicked the cookie banner